- Special Sections
- Public Notices
An electrical service fire ignited grass Tuesday afternoon along the hillside behind Starlite Center shopping area off North Dixie Avenue in Elizabethtown.
Lt. Everett Roberts of the Elizabethtown Fire Department said Mylar balloons tangled in electrical wires caused a transformer to blow, sparks to shower down and a grass fire to start. Flames already had been extinguished by the time the fire department arrived.
The blown transformer caused a brief power outage at O’Charley’s, Head Liners Salon and Spa and surrounding stores.