- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Officials investigating the fire that consumed a Brandenburg shopping center have determined it was started by arson.
Larry Naser, chief of the Meade County Fire Department, said officials ruled out electrical and mechanical causes as well as spontaneous combustion.
"Someone started a fire," he said.
Although some evidence still is being processed in the lab, Naser said he is certain it will support what investigators theorize.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the The News Enterprise, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.