- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Rineyville Fire Department Capt. David Walters said it took firefighters about an hour to get a mobile home fire under control Friday and another hour to secure the scene at 112 Dillard Ave.
John Hidebrand, owner of the home, was not inside when the fire started but arrived Friday as firefighters worked to extinguish the blaze.
No one was injured in the fire but one of Hildebrand’s cats died of smoke inhalation. A second cat was rescued and still was breathing when firefighters left, Walters said.
The home’s hallway was significantly damaged. Walters said investigators believe the fire may have started from of an electrical problem. Hildebrand had insurance on the property, Walters said and was planning to stay with family Friday night.
There were 10 firefighters on the scene and the Vine Grove Fire Department responded as mutual aid, Walters said.
Gayle Deaton can be reached at (270) 505-1740 or firstname.lastname@example.org.