Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 3:26 pm (Updated: January 17, 8:07 am)
Elizabethtown Fire Department extinguished a structure fire Tuesday night at a Keeneland Drive duplex.
Maj. Mark Malone said the residents were not inside the home when firefighters made entry and found a fire in the apartment’s laundry room. Fire officials believe the flames were caused by a problem with the dryer, he said.
The fire was contained to the apartment’s laundry room and the other half of the duplex was not affected, Malone said.
If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!
Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the The News Enterprise, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
You have used all your free page views for the month however if you wish to create a FREE limited access account you will be able to view a additional 2 pages per month.
You can also purchase a subscription and have full access to the site. To purchase a subscription simply enter your zipcode below
The News-Enterprise | email@example.com | 270-505-1770 408 W Dixie Ave., Elizabethtown, Ky. 42701 Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday 7 a.m.-Noon.