Fire department responds to roof fire at restaurant

-A A +A

Repair work with torch triggered problem, fire chief says

By Sarah Bennett

Radcliff Fire Department responded Tuesday afternoon to a structure fire at W T’s Southern Cooking.

Fire Chief Jamie Henderson said an employee was using a torch while doing repair work on the roof of the restaurant at 105 N. Wilson Road.

A piece of rotted wood caught fire, the chief said.

Firefighters were able to respond quickly to the location, and the fire was extinguished within eight minutes, he said.

Henderson said there was some damage to the roof and a portion of the attic.

A total of 11 firefighters and three trucks responded.