- Special Sections
- Public Notices
ELIZABETHTOWN — Emergency crews Thursday cleaned up a 50-gallon bleach spill at T.K. Stone Middle School.
Staff at the school — which was not in session — and residents of some nearby homes were told to stay indoors during the early afternoon. But Fire Chief Mike Hulsey said there was no danger and nobody was hurt.
Firefighters diluted the chemical with 3,000 gallons of water.
The spill happened around noon outside a building containing an indoor pool. A hose from a truck dispensing the chemical ruptured.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the The News Enterprise, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning The News Enterprise and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.