FSA reminds producers about paperwork requirement

-A A +A
By Amber Coulter

The Farm Service Agency is reminding producers that each must have an adjusted gross income verification consent form on file with the Internal Revenue Service to receive USDA program payments.

The form authorizes the IRS to verify whether a payment recipient meets eligibility requirements for farm service agency programs. Consent forms also are required for payments from the Natural Resources Conservation Service.
Nationwide reports show consent forms are missing for many producers for 2009 and 2010. Those producers need to submit the forms to prevent interruption of services.

Individuals submit form CCC-927 and legal entities submit form CCC-928. Completed forms are returned to the IRS.

For information, contact Hardin County Farm Service Agency at 765-2702.