- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Area resident Bob Love will take two teams to Alabama next month for the USTA Southern Section Junior Team Championships after two of his Central Kentucky Summer Junior Team Tennis squads won state championships this past weekend at E.P. “Tom” Sawyer State Park and Top Gun Academy.
* The Thunder defended their 18 (year old) intermediate championship, going 4-0 in pool play before defeating Herrington of Louisville in the semifinals and Herring of Georgetown in the final. The Thunder feature John Hardin’s Tyler Edlin, Central Hardin’s Tad Skaggs and the Elizabethtown duo of Natalie Fiepke and Lauran Berger. Other team members are MacKenzie Elkins, Blake Nelson, Alex Spalding and Lauren Wiseman.
* The Lightning, featuring Central Hardin’s Emily Novak and Elizabethtown resident Mary Elaine Kuo, won the 18 advanced. Other team members are Billy Adams, Jamie Anderson, Cassie Pennington, Will True, Kenny Wilson and team captain Chad True.
* The Aces went 3-1 in the intermediate division. Area players include North Hardin’s Emily Hellinger and Amanda Patterson, John Hardin’s Kristine Herrera and Carson McCann and Meade County’s Ethan Wright and Daniel Orr.
* The Elite won 118-of-120 games in the 14 intermediate pool play before falling to Keal of Louisville in the final, 34-19. Area players include Elizabethtown’s Laura Hinkle, Hunain Abri and Nathan Henson, North Hardin’s Allie Sutton, Hannah Lowman and Mary-Kate Dennis, Central Hardin’s Trevin Cox and home-schooler Patrick Lawson.
* The Whippers tied for second in the 12 intermediate. Area team members are Josh Embry, Abby Henson, Hailey Hoernke, Suleman Khan, Spencer McCune, Anastasia Newsome, Omar Qurram and Addie Sutton.
* Competing for the Eagles were Elizabethtown’s Ameer Haider and Minha Bhatti, John Hardin’s Nathan Anderson and James Brewer and North Hardin’s Cameron Edwards, Tatum Cox and Lili Morgan.
* Competing for the Smash in the intermediate division were Elizabethtown’s Faizan Movania, Meade County’s Mac Montgomery and Jenny Gerkins, LaRue County’s Preston Howell, Maddie Lee and Caitlin Lewis and North Hardin’s Kate McManaway-Daily.