A Tuesday night fire in Elizabethtown left a family temporarily displaced.
Elizabethtown Fire Department responded to the fire in the 500 block of East Dixie Avenue at about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday, Chief Mike Hulsey said. Two adults and a 1-year-old child lived in the home. The American Red Cross is assisting the residents, Hulsey said.
The fire was started by an electrical short in an outlet in a bedroom, he said. The blaze mostly was contained to the bedroom, though there was some damage to another room and the attic.