Still, after five decades, memories of Elizabethtown High School’s 1969 state football championship still hold a special place in the hearts of many.
Late in Thursday’s game against Taylor County, Fort Knox girls’ basketball was looking for a basket to save the night. The Lady Eagles had led for much of the fourth quarter in a competitive game, but saw their eight-point lead evaporate as Taylor County had taken taken control.
The LaRue County boys’ basketball team hit 14 3s, getting close to a school record, in an 80-65 victory Thursday at Breckinridge County as it opened the season.
- PREP FOOTBALL: Elizabethtown players say determination, camaraderie keyed 1969 state football championship
- E’town to discuss new businesses
- Radcliff lights Santa Claus Lane tonight
- Deadline to submit articles for Hardin County history book looms
- Bowl for Kids’ sake kicked off Thursday
- Lights go on in White Mills despite weekend rain
- PREP BASKETBALL: Hoops classic Saturday at E’town and Central Hardin
- GIRLS’ BASKETBALL: Taylor edges Lady Eagles