Hardin County Schools will host open enrollment events at each school in the district from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Thursday, July 23 and Friday, July 24, If children are enrolling in school for the first time, transferring to another school in the district or planning to attend a new school after a move to a new home, for instance, parents need to participate in an open enrollment event.
Parents do not need to participate in open enrollment if:
• Students are making the natural transition to middle schools or high schools within their feeder pattern.
• Students are transitioning from kindergarten at North Park Elementary to first grade at either Meadow View Elementary School, Radcliff Elementary School, Vine Grove Elementary School, or Woodland Elementary School.
If attending open enrollment, all parties should practice social distancing and wear a cloth mask. Attendees should call the school to enter after arriving.
A list of school phone numbers can be found at hardin.kyschools.us/Content/schoolphonenumbers.
If parents cannot attend open enrollment, they are asked to call their child’s school to set up a time to visit. Parents also can call the school for more general information about enrollment procedures.
Hardin County transitioned to online registration last school year in efforts to reduce paperwork. Updates now are completed through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal system.
The Parent Portal opens for electronic information updates Monday and close Aug. 18.
Parents need to know the following information before starting the annual updating process:
• To access the documents and properly submit them, parents must have an Infinite Campus Parent Portal login username and password.
• A parent must contact their child’s school to obtain an initial login number if they do not have one or it has been lost or forgotten. Infinite Campus is the system public school districts in Kentucky use to house student information such as grades, parent contact information and attendance.
• If a parent already has an Infinite Campus Parent Portal login, they will not need to acquire a new one.
• Links to the Parent Portal are on the district’s webpage at hardin.kyschools.us. The link can be found under the Parent’s tab at the top of the page and the Quick Links tab on the right-hand side of the page.
• Instructions for the process now are on the district’s webpage under Quick Links and are labeled as Online Annual Update Instructions.
• If a parent is registering a kindergarten student who did not attend an Hardin County School’s preschool, or a student that is new to the district, parents need to go to their child’s school to begin the process.
• Parents with children who did attend an HCS preschool can update their child’s information in the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Parents of three or four-year-old children can apply for preschool at tinyurl.com/HCSApplyforPreschool.
It is important to note not all documents will be accessible online and some must be completed on paper. There are some documents state/federal regulations require to be completed on paper.