Teachers throughout the area have been honored this year in the 35th annual Campbellsville University Excellence in Teaching award program.
Hardin County Schools
- Courtney Howard: Rineyville Elementary School
- Stephanie Taylor-Cross: North Middle School
Elizabethtown Independent Schools
- Amelia Abell: Morningside Elementary School
LaRue County Schools
- Monica Spencer: Abraham Lincoln Elementary School
- Sarah Wilson: LaRue County Middle School
- Chris Thomas: LaRue County High School
Also, Amanda Dalton, a teacher at Clinton County High School and a 2006 graduate of Meade County High School, was another teacher with ties to the area recognized.
The Excellence in Teaching Awards program is in partnership with Lexington’s CBS-affiliate, WKYT-TV, according to a news release. A total of 205 teachers in 72 districts and/or private schools have been honored this year.
“The purpose of the program is to recognize the quality teaching and learning taking place in the school systems throughout Kentucky,” the release said.
Teachers are selected by their school districts in each grade level.
A total of 4,368 Kentucky teachers have been honored since the program began in 1987 with assistance from Earl Aaron and the Ward, Cundiff and Aaron Memorial Fund, the release said.