Count these among The Hall of Shame
Shame is defined as “a powerful feeling of humiliation or distress caused by the consciousness of wrong or foolish behavior.” The following belong in “The Hall of Shame.”
1. All involved with the Afghanistan debacle including Biden, General Milley, Secretary of Defense Austin, Secretary of State Blinken, etc. Don’t forget VP Harris.
2. The murderer of Ashli Babbitt on Jan. 6, 2021. Capitol Police Lt. Byrd, who said he had to shoot an unarmed woman when she was standing next to members of the Capitol Police during the riot.
3. Schumer, Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler and others who hosted two false Trump impeachments.
4. All who impede our 1st Amendment speech by limiting use of tech devices and those who are supposed to report the news but refuse to report the truth when it favors conservatives.
5. All who undermine America by supporting open borders and sanctuary cities.
6. All who support Antifa, Black Lives Matter and any and all hate organizations.
7. All who teach Critical Race Theory and the 1619 Project.
8. Colin Kaepernick and all who support the Chinese Communist Party including the laundry list of companies who undermine our country,
9. All who mismanage big cities such as Chicago, New York, Baltimore and other disastrously run cities.
10. All who wish to bankrupt our nation with ridiculous and unnecessary spending.
Who is not on the shame list? Our military families and all who served, died or were wounded to protect our country and our allies, and true American patriots.
Now a fable from Aeschylus called Once an Eagle. In the Libyan fable, it is told that once an eagle, stricken with a dart said, when he saw the fashion of the shaft, “with our own feathers, not by others’ hands are we now smitten.” Sound familiar? Biden and his incompetents have armed our enemies with an almost limitless supply of sophisticated weapons which will be used to spill the blood of innocents throughout the world, including Americans and our allies.
Remember 9-11? I remember it well. Coming soon, Americans as hostages again.
Jim Weise, vice chair
Hardin County GOP
U.S. must take steps to protect power grid
We must do more to strengthen our power grid against an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) event. Such an event can result from an attack by an enemy or it can occur naturally. It could result in devastating loss of life. There is disagreement on this, but why take chances?
We also should have a ground-based GPS back-up system, like Russia has, or we could lose internet in an anti-satellite attack.