It was a tale of two halves Friday night between the Elizabethtown and Meade County boys’ basketball teams.
Prior to Friday night, only one other player in the history of Elizabethtown girls’ basketball had reached 2,000 career points as a Lady Panther. That changed in the second quarter against Meade County when Whitney Hay joined current Oregon Ducks forward Erin Boley on the list.
OWENSBORO — John Hardin took some time to get settled into its first-round game of the Kentucky Legend 2-A State Championships basketball tournament.
The Comeback Kids — the 2000 Elizabethtown High School boys’ basketball team — many who now are husbands and fathers, will reunite Friday night to be honored for their state championship title.
- Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs Commissioner visits E’town
- Narcotics task force make 3 arrests, seize 119 pounds of weed
- Wallet found after home-invasion robbery leads to arrest of teen
- Gift Wood joins small business alliance
- Fort Knox, Hardin County reach waste agreement
- Sparrow Boxing hosts RSBA ribbon-cutting ceremony
- Hardin County jail log: May 7, 2019
- Man faces manslaughter charge in DUI fatality