Lady Bruins go up early, take 5th Region opener
Fort Knox High School junior Trianne Cooper heads to this weekend’s state cross country championship fresh off a Class 1-A region championship.
The saying “Survive and advance” is the theme of postseason play. But in Monday night’s quarterfinal game of the 5th Region Volleyball Tournament, Elizabethtown did much more than survive – they cruised past opponent Bethlehem.
Part of the challenge of high school sports in 2020 is adaptability, whether it’s a season halted or schedules put in disarray by COVID-19.
Just hours after an overpowering victory on the road against previously unbeaten Bardstown, the Elizabethtown High School football team was back to work Sunday afternoon at the Elizabethtown Athletic Complex.
The 2020 season came to a close Saturday for Elizabethtown boys’ soccer at the Elizabethtown Athletic Complex. Taking on St. Xavier to start the Boys’ State Soccer Tournament, the 5th Region champion Panthers were held scoreless in a 3-0 loss to the 7th Region Champion Tigers.
Friday night lights took on an entirely different meaning with three of four scheduled high school football games postponed Friday because of inclement weather in Hardin County and the surrounding area.
- Two dead in E'town wreck
- Police: Upton couple died in Thursday crash
- Familiar face of Christmas in Vine Grove lost to COVID-19
- Skydiver killed during jump in E’town
- Hardin County Schools release videos detailing NTI preparations
- E’town couple hopes for hole-in-one with new business
- State reassessing scene where double fatality occurred
- County sees largest COVID case count in 24-hour period
- Police chase ends with wanton endangerment, possession charges
- Jury: E'town man should serve 50 years in 2019 murder
- 111 new COVID-19 cases in Hardin
- Hardin native writes, directs faith-based Christmas movie
- Health officials offer Halloween safety tips amid pandemic
- E’town man convicted for assault of child, woman
- PREP REGION VOLLEYBALL: Central sweeps Hart in tournament opener
- PREP SPORTS ROUNDUP: Knox’s Cooper heads to State as region champ
- Ed Poppe recognized as Master of City Governance
- Radcliff man charged with firing gun near two people