When a spark was needed, a freshman stepped forward to light the match for LaRue County.
Playing its third game in five days, the fuel that makes the LaRue County girls’ basketball engine run may have been nearing empty Friday against Hart County.
Central Hardin girls’ basketball dropped to 1-2 on the season Saturday at George Rogers Clark High School. Taking on Bishop Brossart as part of the Martin Luther King Jr. Classic, the Lady Bruins fell to the Lady ‘Stangs 59-22. No statistics on the game were made available.
Starting the basketball season 3-0 if it includes opening 1-0 in district play is what the LaRue County Hawkis and Lady Hawks are hoping for tonight at home when Hart County visits.
LaRue County won for the second time in as many nights with a 71-33 defeat Tuesday night of host Washington County in girls’ high school basketball.
Juniors Queshaun Davis scored 10 points and junior Kerron Blizzard knocked in two 3-pointers and had nine points as visiting North Hardin won at Louisville Collegiate, 54-50, Monday night in boys’ high school basketball.
Like the other 15 teams who won their region tournaments in March to reach the state tournament, the Elizabethtown High School Panthers have had to deal with the disappointment of seeing their appearance in Rupp Arena canceled.
Bardstown Bethlehem has been on quite a run the last several years with three straight appearances in the 5th Region Tournament championship game.
- Cut from team, love of game drives Bella Higdon
- EPD: Woman steals car, strikes hospital
- Motorsports dealership one step closer to new location
- West Point man found asleep in car, charged with felony
- Hospital says don’t call about COVID vaccine
- Police studies link between two stabbings in five days
- E’town man charged with felony assault
- Break-in reported at First Christian Church
- RPD seeks custodial interference suspect
- The cheer goes on for Elizabethtown teen
- Cattlemen name Shepherd to Kentucky hall of fame
- Feeding America starts Day of Service
- EPD says gun reported stolen offered for sale to its owner
- County, cities saw busy construction year in 2020
- BHH recharge rooms provide respites for staff
- BOYS’ PREP BASKETBALL: John holds off North in Friday district game
- BOYS’ PREP BASKETBALL: Boley sparks Hawks past Hart 62-46 Friday
- GIRLS’ PREP BASKETBALL: Lady Hawks fall to Hart Friday in district opener