The Central Hardin and Elizabethtown boys’ tennis programs picked up the most selections on The News-Enterprise Coaches All-Area Boys’ Tennis Team, with four each for the Bruins and Panthers.
Central Hardin, which spent the entire season ranked among the state’s top teams and 17th District Tournament champion Elizabethtown, led the way on this year’s All-Area softball teams.
Elizabethtown not only captured 17th District and 5th Region baseball tournament titles this season – the Panthers also caught the eyes of opposing area coaches in All-Area voting.
The John Hardin, LaRue County and Elizabethtown track and field programs convened at the University of Kentucky’s Outdoor Track and Field Complex in Lexington Friday for the Kentucky High School Athletic Association Class 2A State Track Meet.
Brandon Parsons has been no stranger to region championships and postseason success. He’s already experienced that twice back in the fall as a member of the boys’ soccer program and the football program.
A season’s worth of work and practice culminates for track and field athletes from around the area over the next three days, as well as two years’ worth of waiting after a lost season in 2020.
Taylor County baseball came into its 5th Region Tournament semifinal game against Elizabethtown as the most recent region champion, having won it in 2019 in the season prior to the pandemic.
- Body of missing kayaker found at Freeman Lake
- Emergency crews search lake for missing kayaker
- Missouri man charged with felony stalking
- Three injured in 31W Bypass wreck
- Search continues for missing kayaker
- Parents challenge EIS on several issues
- Indiana man clocked at 139 mph on I-65
- Evacuation begins as train derails in Colesburg
- E’town BBQ eatery to open second location
- Orvie Humes made impact on CHHS
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- City may mandate life jacket use on lake rentals
- Easton eyes Court of Appeals post
- Mid-summer Christmas event held in Radcliff
- HCS back-to-school fests bring large turn out
- Rineyville woman arrested after shooting
- Employers give worker lift home ... to Africa
- Hardin County sees rise in COVID cases
- Clarity Solutions celebrates 20 years of giving community life