Jake Owens has had his heart filled by John Hardin High School athletics for nearly 10 years now.
Unlike last season when John Hardin had a veteran team with several proven players on both sides of the ball, the third season for Doug Preston in leading the Bulldogs will be much different.
LEXINGTON — Heading into the UK HealthCare Boys’ Sweet Sixteen, the John Hardin Bulldogs weren’t about to let Lyon County star Travis Perry beat them. What they didn’t exactly count on was Jackson Shoulders and Brady Shoulders coming through the way they did.
The Central Hardin and Elizabethtown boys’ tennis programs picked up the most selections on The News-Enterprise Coaches All-Area Boys’ Tennis Team, with four each for the Bruins and Panthers.
Central Hardin, which spent the entire season ranked among the state’s top teams and 17th District Tournament champion Elizabethtown, led the way on this year’s All-Area softball teams.
Elizabethtown not only captured 17th District and 5th Region baseball tournament titles this season – the Panthers also caught the eyes of opposing area coaches in All-Area voting.
Football has been a part of Joe Stockton’s life for decades, as a player and a coach at both the high school and collegiate levels. Now, the North Hardin graduate and former Trojan star can add head football coach to his list of accomplishments.
The John Hardin, LaRue County and Elizabethtown track and field programs convened at the University of Kentucky’s Outdoor Track and Field Complex in Lexington Friday for the Kentucky High School Athletic Association Class 2A State Track Meet.
- Loretto excited about Hawke sighting
- Construction worker hurt at BlueOvalSK site
- Xtreme Arcade’s new location opens soon
- Rineyville man arrested for allegedly strangling mother
- Second Chick-fil-A site design receives planning commission approval
- Kinney leaves mark through education, poetry and friendship
- Thompson runs ‘out of gas,’ retires as CH baseball coach
- Chick-fil-A to open second location in E’town
- Central’s Thompson retires as baseball coach
- Former Ky. state trooper sentenced to 8 months in fraud case
- Shrader’s impressive showing claims bowling title
- Trojans find answers for Central’s surges
- Black History Gallery returns with open house
- Commitment House nears opening of new facility
- Bourbon to raise money for Behind the Badge nonprofit
- Hinds drops double-double as Fort Knox falls to Burgin
- KLC presents liability grant to Vine Grove
- Local baseball association seeks new wave of umpires