It’s a little later that normal, but the high school swimming season in Kentucky comes to a close this weekend with the KHSAA state championships.
The Elizabethtown, Central Hardin, North Hardin, John Hardin, Fort Knox and LaRue County High School tennis teams all met Monday evening at the Freeman Lake Tennis Center to open the 2021 Lincoln Heritage Conference Tournament.
A three-run bottom of the sixth inning helped Elizbethtown baseball break off from LaRue County for a 5-2 Kentucky 2-A Sectional victory Monday night at Taylor County High School.
For the third straight game, the Hawks didn’t need a full seven innings to pick up a win. Hosting Adair County Friday evening, LaRue County kept the Indians off the board and earned a 10-0 win after five innings.
It took five innings for the Bulldogs to take care of business Tuesday night. Taking on Fort Knox, John Hardin went up early and didn’t look back to defeat the Eagles 11-1 and earn its first win of the season.
Losing out on the 2020 season was a rough blow for all high school softball teams. For younger teams like John Hardin, it meant a lost year of development for many key players.
LaRue County softball picked up two more wins Friday afternoon at Monroe County’s Border War tournament to make it four straight since a season-opening loss to North Hardin.
- Sheriff’s office issues alert for missing woman
- For E’town seniors, prom brings sense of normalcy
- Weapon stolen from shopper in grocery; two arrested
- State legislator plans to step aside
- E’town man indicted for abuse of infant son
- Two injured in bypass crash
- Survivor hopes assault story helps others heal
- Resident shares concern on Pritchard rental fees
- Woman indicted for Hodgenville square crash
- Police: Victim’s eye ‘disengaged’ in assault; E’town man charged
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- STATE SWIMMING: Local qualifiers gear up for championships
- Central Hardin goes ahead early, defeats North Hardin
- Lady Bruins capture big win over Lady Trojans
- Hodgenville eyes stimulus money to fund project
- Vine Grove man indicted for endangering troopers
- Radcliff man charged with first-degree robbery
- Official briefs LaRue residents on UK projects and initiatives
- CONFERENCE TENNIS: Individual winners crowned, E’town girls take team title