After a busy Tuesday night of volleyball at North Hardin High School, the 17th District Tournament final is officially set.
Barren County was the first to find the end zone Friday night in a district matchup with North Hardin in Radcliff, but those six points were the only ones North Hardin would allow for the rest of the evening.
M.E. Hargan had 18 kills, Grace Filburn added 20 assists and Avery Powers and Hagan chipped in with 14 digs Thursday night as visiting Elizabethtown swept North Hardin in prep volleyball play.
Coming off a big win on the road, against a perennial powerhouse with seven state football championship trophies in the school trophy case, North Hardin head coach Brent Thompson is ready for his team to move onto the next opponent.
It took a little longer than expected because of a second-half lightning delay, but Elizabethtown girls’ soccer stormed into the postseason in their own way Monday night at John Hardin High School.
Unbeaten Elizabethtown moved atop the Associated Press Class 3-A high school football poll this week following a 36-6 win at Class 6-A Meade County. North Hardin, also unbeaten, remained at No. 2 in the poll after defeating Belfry, 21-20, on Friday.
The three individual area golfers to reach the second day of play Saturday in the girls’ state golf tournament in Bowling Green all improved their scores and place in the final standings from the previous year.
- Two dead in E'town wreck
- E’town couple hopes for hole-in-one with new business
- Skydiver killed during jump in E’town
- Police: Upton couple died in Thursday crash
- Familiar face of Christmas in Vine Grove lost to COVID-19
- Hardin County Schools release videos detailing NTI preparations
- E’town woman arrested for assault of girlfriend
- State reassessing scene where double fatality occurred
- Motorist stopped to help at wreck dies in 2nd crash
- Louisville man arrested, charged after high-speed interstate pursuit
- Early voting remains strong
- Students receive extra help at Wesley Hilltop, Haycraft Park
- Grant will expand outreach of HCS Excel program
- DPA grant awarded to address COVID-19 effects
- Fort Knox Energy Program receives another award
- In 2020, just playing should mean everything
- Saunders Springs in the fall
- Health department to offer free virus testing