Team Wins LossesKJ’s Team 6 2
Athletes, coaches and fans had to wait a year, but the Summer Olympics are finally underway in Tokyo. While the games may be taking place on the other side of the world, some of the area’s young gymnasts had their own taste of the Olympics here in Hardin County earlier this week.
For half a century, Don Hill has devoted much of his time and energy to youth baseball in the area through his work with the Elizabethtown Area Baseball Commission.
From Monday through Wednesday, campers at Robbie Valentine Basketball Camp got to learn more about the game from a former University of Louisville basketball player in Valentine.
Some of the area’s young basketball players got the chance to learn from an NCAA Division I head coach Thursday morning at Bluegrass Sportsplex.
Since 1975, the Sonny Chaput Award has recognized an Elizabethtown Area Baseball Commission player not for their stats or performances, but for how they’ve conducted themselves as teammates and competitors.
- 5th, 3rd Region Volleyball Tournaments begin this week
- Rineyville Days offers something for all ages
- E'town Parks and Rec fall fest draws crowd
- Hodgenville couple killed in head-on crash
- Light Up Hodgenville moved up to Nov. 19
- Veterans Trust presents $12,000 to Leitchfield VFW project
- A day at the pumpkin patch
- Delivery of 'Hardin County Kentucky History and Families' delayed